As I was talking with some friends, the subject of Virginia, her life, and her death came up. We began to talk about how we want our lives to impact others just like hers. For me personally when I die, I want people to look at my life and see Christ!! That is our goal in life and I want so much to complete that goal. I don't want people to say, "she was a good girl... she was so good at this and that" but I want them to say that the love for Christ I had was shown and that it helped them grow closer to Him! I want to leave this earth with a lasting impression on those who knew me. And that is exactly what Virginia did. Her passion in life was Christ and glorifying Him in all she did. I know that if she had the choice to come back to here, she wouldn't come. That may be hard for some of us to imagine, but if we look at it from a perspective of not thinking about ourselves we would see that, she is so much happier in Heaven then she ever way on earth. As much as we miss her and want her back, we have to understand that one day, we WILL see her and be with her forever and we will never have to worry about losing her again! I look at this trial that many of us have faced and have only been able to find one 'negative' thing that came out of it. That is the fact that I don't get to see her everyday, write notes to her, or play basketball with her. There are so many positive, happy things that happened because of it and I think that was God' plan the whole time! People's lives were changed, people started viewing life as an everyday opportunity to serve our Lord, and we're living for something now- our Creator!! This was what Vig wanted everyone one of us to realize and she spent everyday of her 17 years on earth, displaying that and showing us how to do it!
Trials are put in our life to test our faith and they force us to make a decision: turn away from God or run towards Him. I had another huge trial in my life similar to this one- when my mom died from cancer 4 years ago on Christmas Eve. I never thought anything like that would happen to me and my family. I did not run to Christ, but I turned away from Him and looked to people and worldly things to comfort me. I kept asking myself WHY? why would this happen to me? why would God take away MY mom? I was angry and even mad at God for doing this to me. I look back now, I realize that my relationship with Christ could have become so much stronger through that, but I made the wrong decision. I regret it too. I never, once again, thought anything else like that would happen to me. Then when Virginia died, it all was coming back to hit me again. But something was different this time: I was more mature in my faith and ran to HIM when things went wrong. Vig helped show me that He is the only one that will last forever and the only one that will bring me everlasting love and peace! I wish I had believed that when I lost my mom. I don't know when something else like this will happen, but I know that my faith is strong enough to see me through whatever happens in my life. Another best friend of mine, teammate, family member, or friend could die tomorrow unexpectedly. We HAVE to trust God when times are quiet and easy so that when the waves and storms come, we will be able to make it through with the power of Christ!! I challenge everyone to think about what decision you made when Virginia died: did you draw closer to Christ, or flee from Him?
No comments:
Post a Comment