Sunday, June 26, 2011

Virginia's Legacy

        As soon as I found out Virginia had died, I didn’t believe it and it still sometimes isn’t real to me. But when I finally realized what really did happen I had absolutely NO doubt where Virginia was and is now- in Heaven worshipping and glorifying our Lord!
For anyone who knew or just met Virginia could tell there was something different about her. Everyone said she was smiling and always happy. The reason she was like this, was because she had the joy of the Lord in her! She loved God more than anything in the world and He was her greatest delight! No matter what Virginia was doing whether it was school work, basketball, or hanging out with friends, she always gave any and all glory God like it says in Colossians 3:17, “Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all for the glory of God.” As athletes, students, and friends we are called to glorify God and enjoy him forever, and that is why we are here! Virginia knew this and took it seriously every day. Through doing this and her love for Christ, she changed and influenced so many people including myself.
I grew up with Virginia, went to church and school with her my whole life, played basketball with her for 6 years, and in the last year she was here, she spent it discipling me. She was indeed a sinner like all of us, but she learned from mistakes she made and used that to encourage others and give them advice, which is one thing I’m sure everyone misses. Virginia was constantly in the Word learning from it and teaching others through it as well. She has always been a role model of mine and still is! The life she lived and the legacy she left is one that we always will remember which is: to glorify God in everything and to lead other to Him by living like Christ did. Virginia was not perfect and she knew that which is why she clung to the Lord for comfort and strength, knowing He was the only hope she had!
So I challenge everyone to look at your life and see how you are living and to see what kind of a legacy you would leave for those behind you. Do you live your life to the fullest for the Lord and not yourself and are you a servant who loves Christ above all else? And finally, we need to ask ourselves everyday if we are glorifying God in all we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment